Monday, August 10, 2009

Harvest Graduate!

Last Friday marked the end of an era in the lives of 90 Iris Harvest School of Missions students. Maybe 10 weeks doesn't exactly qualify as an era, but a day in the mission school feels like three days on the outside, and if you're on bush outreach, a day can feel like a week.

This school has been the most accellerated, concentrated period of spiritual grow in my life. I am so grateful to have been a part, and I know I am sooo blessed to have made it here. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. I have definately been blessed with divine health. People have been down with mild level malaria, food related sickness, diarrhea...been touching and playing with kids who have scabbies, lice, conjunctivitis, AIDS...the worst I've had is a head cold.

Also, thank you to all those who contributed finanially to this endeavor. You are truly a critical part to bringing the good news of the Kingdom to the unreached, and absolutely essential to send laborers into the harvest, because THE FIELDS ARE READY!

Tomorrow, my roommates and I clean out my house here and Wednesday they head back to America, Canada, and Australia, as I set off with nine other members, or should I say, agents, of Bondfire into the bush bush. I have been looking forward to this for over four months. We're going to get some dirt under our fingernails, get a little saddleworn, and hopefully reach the end of ourselves and learn greater dependence on Holy Spirit.

Please pray for safe travels, divine health, team unity w the Mozambicans, divine appointments and feel free to ask for the gift of tongues in Sena (the tribe and language where we are going). Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds neat. I'm not sure you mentioned how long you'd be there, so I'm not sure when you'll get this. I'm certain God is taking care of you right now. Thanks for the message that you sent me. I'll rejoice with you at what God has/is teaching you. : )
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete