Friday, October 5, 2012


Friends and Family,


It’s hard to believe that three months of Intro to IHOPKC Track 1 have passed! It has been a wonderful time of being refocused in the place of prayer and reignited with passion for Jesus and His purposes and plans in the Church and the world. I have been stirred by the diverse range of in-depth teachings at IHOPKC to go deeper in Bible study and really “own” at a heart level the beliefs to which I give lip service. I have a renewed desire to “eat the scroll” and be a mature student of the Word, and to be an anointed voice and not just an echo of what I’ve heard from this or that preacher.

This has been a busy time for Jay as well, as he began an iPhone app development job at Sporting Innovations in July! This is such an answer to prayer, as he only has an associate’s degree but was able to write a basic application for the interview and be hired with their commitment to train him. He’s getting paid to learn! On the weekends when I am busy with the internship, he is at home with work or teaching himself new programming languages. We are so thankful for this opportunity versus working through college or taking on hefty student loans!

Today was our first regular day of Track 2! There are significant differences between Track 1 and Track 2 as we continue in teachings and prayer room time, but are trained practically to lead small groups, lead “Harp and Bowl” prayer meetings, minister deliverance, and to be exposed to many “works of justice” ministries here, such as Hope City (the inner city soup kitchen and prayer room ministry), the Orphan Justice Center, praying with Exodus Cry (for the ending of human trafficking), evangelism outreaches, LIFE sieges praying for the ending of abortion, and ministering in the healing rooms and prophetic rooms. We will also be the primary ministry teams in the main services.


God has clearly led me to continue to Track 2 and provided the way financially, but no sooner have I begun but I am seeking Him for what comes afterwards...My greatest desire is to join full-time staff at IHOPKC, serving on a worship team and in one of the other awesome ministries. I’ll know more after I get to do a little of most of them over these next three months and see what God places on my heart. If necessary, I will join part-time staff and seek part-time employment teaching or tutoring. I would love to be full-time for at least a season, but I put my trust in God that He will make my paths straight. 

Prayer Needs

1) Please join us as we continue to pray for my dad, Ron Schachner, for his healing from ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease.

2) Praise!!! Jay began as a junior app developer for Sporting Innovations two weeks after I began Intro! Pray for inspiration to make apps for the iPhone and iPad that glorify God and are successful!

Giving

My tuition for Track 2 is covered, praise God!!! :) However, we are about $200 short of our monthly budget, as well as in need of paying off several car repairs.  If you feel led to support us financially, you can make a tax-deductible contribution by writing a check to "IHOPKC" and attaching a sticky note with my name on it. (Please do not write my name in the memo):
  1. Angie Stratton
    11332 Colorado Ave, Apt 339
    Kansas City, MO 64137
I would LOVE to hear what you are up to!  Feel free to comment or Facebook or e-mail me:

angiestratton@intern.ihopu.org

Love in Christ,

Angie and Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment