Thursday, September 17, 2009

Support Update

The countdown begins: in thirteen days on September 30th I'll be flying back to Africa!  A HUGE thank you to all those friends and family who have been keeping me in prayer!!!  I have so many praise reports I can't even list them all, but I will say again that I didn't get sick other than a common cold during the entire school, and when I came down with the 104 degree F fever the night before our ten day outreach, God heard your prayers because the fever broke by morning!  I woke up drenched but feeling NORMAL praise God, took a shower, and jumped on the truck.

Another testimony is that I flew into Johannesburg pretty late on the Sunday I was going to fly back to the States, and when I got to the counter they had already given away my seat.  I was surprised to run into my friend from the school, David, and see had missed his flight, too, so we both went to see what they could do.  At first it looked like they were going to charge us $250 each to fly stand-by the next day, but then God softened their hearts and they went ahead and printed the stand-by tickets for free.  A guy from the church David had been working with in Johannesburg, Garreth, had waited around to see him off, so we were both able to stay at his apartment for free and enjoy great God conversations and go to his church the next morning which was great.  (And I got to surprise my housemate by showing up at church. Miss you, Helena! ;)  That afternoon Garreth and Helena saw us off at the airport, and they took our luggage and checked us in so we weren't stand-by after all!!!

Prayer Needs:
  • Health -- I liked being healthy last time.  Let's do it again!  :)
  • Grace to abide in Christ when there are many demands on my time
  • Unity and fellowship in my house and in my outreach group
  • Wisdom to know when and how to give when surrounded by so much need
  • To hear the voice of God; discernment as I pray and minister to people
Financially I've been so blessed.  I want to thank all who were able to give.  I truly believe your investment in the kingdom of God will reap great reward, both now and when Christ returns.  The exact amount I needed came in in just the nick of time last May!  And God has blessed me big time to get some delayed paychecks over the summer.  For this next season here's where I'm sitting, or rather standing in faith:

Financial Needs:
Airfare to Joburg, South Africa:            $1515  (paid)
Air Joburg-Pemba+outreach to Beira:    $800
Traveler's ER Medical Insurance:           $150
Malaria Meds, travel food and
   lodging, misc:                                      $300
Guitar:                                                   (Donated!  see blog below!)

The ticket to Joburg has been purchased, but I'm still praying in the rest.

Total still needed, approx:         $1300

If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, which I can apply to my airfare and Visa expenses, etc, you can write it to "Victory Church" with "Angie Schachner-Mozambique" in the memo line.

For non tax-deductible contributions simply write them to me, "Angie Schachner".

All financial support can be mailed to:

Victory Church
1 Victory Drive
Pevely, MO 63070

No comments:

Post a Comment