Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tour of Missouri -- Finance Update

This past week I was blessed to be able to visit friends, family, and church family in Columbia, Kirksville, Blue Springs and Grandview (KC), Springfield, and Rolla!!!  Jess, Ash, Amy, Mir, Corey, Abby, Noah, Isaiah, Kyle, Heidi, James, Herb, Sarah, Nathan, Greg, Emily, April, Nikki, Lindsay, Josh, Kara, Matt, Dana, Phil, Pete, Karayah, Corry, Emerson, Josh K, Nick, Bonz, JJ, Bob, Mary, Rahman, Winata---you guys are all awesome!!  I finished the trip VERY encouraged spiritually and with a fresh excitement to go back to Pemba.

Sunday night I got to share at Jill Czapla's Bible study at the Roth's house.  Then Monday my mom hosted an open house for various friends who I hadn't been able to really see during my time home.  Tuesday my brother came home, and I got fired up from the Colombian :) preacher/prophet/firebrand Kate Berndt Buitrago when she came to visit.  Last night I was up late finishing all those last minute packing items...had to get a little creative rearranging items so I could bring pretty much everything I wanted and my bags stayed under 50lbs each...

Praise the Lord, and thanks to the saints, a lot of support came in over this past week!!  Right now I only need about $420 more to finish paying for my airfare. 

I'm boarding the plane from St. Louis at 3:15pm this afternoon, stopping over in Atlanta and then the long 18 hour haul to Johannesburg, South Africa.  It's fun to be going back to a place I've been before--several of the other students from this past school are coming back on staff, and we're going to meet up and overnight together in Joburg.  My flight to Pemba is not until Sunday.  Pray that it is booked ok.  I've been having a lot of delays working with the Mozambican airline, trying to book the cheapest route through e-mail, and having to repeat the same information over and over.  As of now, though they say I'm booked, the fare has not shown up online in my account.  Pray that when I arrive at Joburg I can resolve it at the LAM counter and am not delayed from getting to Pemba Sunday.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!  King David said the men who stayed behind received the same reward as those who went to war.  Some of you I know are itching to be on the foreign mission field, and I'm just very blessed and humbled to have your support as my time has come to go. 

Angie :) <><

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, if you'd been in Atlanta on Thursday around 4pm we could have stopped by to say hi on our way home from Orlando/Disney World/Kennedy Space Center.

    Hope all continues to go well! :)

    ReplyDelete