Thursday, October 1, 2009

South Africa

I've arrived in South Africa! I'm at a hostel in Joburg with fellow staffers Merari and David. I actually slept a little on the way over, so I'm happy about that, a 2 hour nap and later 3. But I plan on sleeping a lot tonight/tomorrow!!! Merari leaves in the morning, but David doesn't fly out till Sat so hopefully tomorrow he will walk with me to a market or something and I will basically just hang out here for 2 days, enjoy the peace and solitude, before jumping into the community and school-prep work in Pemba!

God is already stirring our hearts as we shared at dinner tonight and I have great expectation for what He will do this school in my life and in David and Merari and all of us!

Praise the Lord, I received enough support to pay for the extended outreach plane tickets with a final $500 from Victory! Well, I'm having trouble with LAM booking my return flights in Dec, so I just bought Sunday's ticket to Pemba, Mozambique, and I will get the extended outreach flights when I get to Pemba. I'm thinking of flying to Beira in December and maybe looking into taking a bus to Joburg from there. It's 17 hour bus ride, followed by 17 hour plane ride, followed by a 7 hour layover and then short flight to Denver....not exactly ideal, but it will undoubtedly be a lot less expensive.

God bless you all and thank you for your prayers! 

He loves us and His love won't relent! No compromise!

Angie :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you! We're thinking of bussing to Jo'burg before our flights home in January too, but just so you know it's 17 hours to Maputo, then at least another 10 hours to Jo'burg so count on a good 2 days at least. Or you can fly one of those legs and bus the other, up to you!

    ReplyDelete