Friday, March 20, 2009

Financial Support

I've been getting asked how people can contribute financially to my mission trip to Mozambique. I really appreciate your support! There are two options, tax-deductible or non tax-deductible. Tuition for a foreign school is not an acceptable non-profit contribution according to our friends at the IRS, but the travel expenses are covered under "Victory Throughout the World" ministry at my local church.

If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, which I can apply to my airfare and Visa expenses, etc, you can write it to "Victory Church" with "Angie Schachner-Mozambique" in the memo line.

For non tax-deductible contributions (which I can apply to the $2500 tuition at the mission school), simply write them to me, "Angie Schachner".

All financial support can be mailed to:

Victory Church
1 Victory Drive
Pevely, MO 63070

An Iris Harvest School of Missions class from '08
*******************************************
Financial breakdown

Non-tax deductible expenses:

Iris Harvest School of Missions Tuition=$2500
10 Day Outreach into the bush bush= $ 400

Total=$2900

Round-trip airfare STL to Nairobi=$1500
Round-trip to Pemba, MZ= $500
Visa= $20-60
ER Medical Insurance= $150
Books, Water, Equipment= $200


Total=$2410

Est. Grand Total=$5300


I'd like to bring some Portuguese/English Bibles with me, too, as they are very valuable to missionaries there as well as Mozambicans who are learning English. There are other requests....I'll keep you updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment