Sunday, March 8, 2009

Welcome to My New Blogspot!

Friends, family--

I'm going to Africa!!! I just received the acceptance letter for the Iris Harvest Mission School in Pemba, Mozambique, this past Thursday for their summer session. This has been a long time coming! There are many details to take care of in the next few months. The school session is June 1- August 10 followed by a 10 day outreach into the bush bush to bring the gospel to unreached villages.
Mozambique is located in southern Africa on the east side across from Madigascar. The Pemba base where the school is located is in the north part of the country (right on the beach!!!)

Most of us are probably unaware that there has been massive revival in Mozambique for the past 8 or 9 years leading to the planting of over 8,000 churches and countless salvations. The spiritual hunger encountered by Roland and Heidi Baker, founders if Iris Ministries, and other missionaries, has paved the way for a great harvest in Mozambique, one of the poorest nations in the world, and up till the 90's a nation ravaged by a 20 year civil war. The need is great for training Mozambican pastors to shepherd their new flocks and continue bringing the gospel to unreached villages. New believers need to be discipled and there is a continuing need for homes for vast numbers of orphaned and abandoned children so they can be raised up in the love and truth of Christ.

My friends, Carla and Jon Reinagel, just joined Iris Ministries with a 2 year commitment. It is so nice to have the inside advice on preparing for the school, Africa, the missions base, getting Visas, packing, spiritual preparation...the list goes on. They are located in Dondo at one of three Iris bases in the country. You can read about their adventures from their blogspot here.

I'm very excited about my new blog--my friends and family have gotten so spread out, this way I can keep you all informed about what God is doing as I follow His call to full-time ministry as well as I stay connected with you and what God is doing in your lives.

Angie :) <><

3 comments:

  1. Angie, this is so great! I'm so excited to see this happening. Wow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you started blogging too! Your worldly adventures are so interesting. Africa will be an experience! I hope you can post a lot.

    ReplyDelete